Friday, January 04, 2008

2007 Malaysia Trip & England Kits

I went back to Malaysia for my yearly vacation in Nov 2007 and during this period, I stumbled upon a football jersey discussion thread while surfing in lowyat.net forums. Going through and reading the postings in this thread have actually re-ignited my interest in collecting football jerseys after been out of the loop for so many years. This thread has help me to understand the value of applying the player’s name and numbers including patches on the jersey. I also learned to appreciate other team’s jerseys thanks to the postings that was shared by other jersey collectors.

During this trip, I also have the opportunity to visit two well known local sports store to check out on the jerseys personally. As usual, I was looking for the latest Manchester United home and away kits. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any short-sleeve away kit locally in any of the stores. In the end, I placed an online order for both the home and away kits with Weston which is in Singapore. The day after placing the order, I call Weston to confirm about the shipping date and was promised that the kits will arrive in time before my trip back to the USA. Luck was not on my side as both the kits never show up until the day I leave. I've to call Weston again from USA to find out the status and was given the UPS tracking number. Call UPS in Malaysia only to find out that there is a shipping issue due to incorrect address. It has been resolve now and both the kits are now in Malaysia with my family. What an experience...

Anyway, I do manage to purchase two jerseys during this trip. These are my first collection of the England national team jerseys which were bought on sale probably due to the English team was eliminated from the Euro 2008 qualifying stage. This is also the first time that I’ve the player's name and number apply on the jersey.

Both the jerseys and the #9 Rooney name/number was purchased from Al-Ikhsan. The #7 Beckham name/number was bought from R1 and the name/number for both jerseys was apply there as well.


2006-2008 England Away Kit - #9 ROONEY
2007-2009 England Home Kit

No comments: