Friday, February 29, 2008

Feb'08 Month-End Update

It's month end today, it is time to share some jerseys. Here are two long-sleeve Manchester United kit which I pickup recently. I've also applied a nameset onto one of the kit which I'm sharing the steps I did during the application process. Lastly, there are three more old jerseys from other clubs which I collected as well.
02-04 Manchester United Home Kit L/S
04-06 Manchester United Home Kit L/S
Here are the steps I did when applying the nameset onto my 04-06 Manchester United Home jersey.
1) Arrange the name and stick it
with masking tapes
2) Cover the name with a piece of cloth
and heat it with an iron

3) Name applied onto the jersey after
removing the plastic layer

4) Turn over the jersey and iron the name
to make it bond better

5) Name applied successfully
6) Arrange the numbers and stick it
with masking tape
7) Just as in Step 2, cover the numbers with
a piece of cloth and then heat it with the iron

8) Name and Numbers successfully applied
onto the jersey

99-00 Arsenal Home Kit*
00-02 Chelsea Away Kit*
03-04 Celtic 3rd. Kit
*I no longer own these jerseys

2 comments:

manutd7 said...

Awesome manual technique used. Have not tried it before as i have a readily heat press machine at my disposal which i used for my shirts. By the way which camp do you belong to? I see man utd, chelsea, and arsenal shirts in your collection??!!

wongkwp said...

Thanks. Can't afford a heat-press machine yet, so normal household iron will do for the time being. I've been a United supporter since the late 70s.

I do have 2 arsenal and 1 liverpool shirt but these are just for collection purpose only. I would never wear them. The chelsea shirts I no longer have them.